Monday, March 03, 2008

how do i love thee?



How do I love thee?



Let me count the ways.



I love thee to the depth and breadth and height



My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight



For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.



I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.



I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;



I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.



I love with a passion put to use



In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.



I love thee with a love I seemed to lose



With my lost saints, --



I love thee with the breath,



Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if God choose,



I shall but love thee better after death.




Elizabeth Barrett Browning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! such a true blue romantic. That sure brought shivers down to my spine. Smile for me baby... Wink wink! ;)